Exquisite World Book Day Corpse
Seeing as it’s World Book Day, I thought I’d run a book giveaway competition here on the blog. I’m going to do it the same way as I did the chapbook giveaway competition nearly a year ago now – that is, an Exquisite Corpse – because people enjoyed it.
I’ll provide the first few lines in the comments. (They’re from The Thing on the Shore).
1. Comments which are not intended as part of the emerging story don’t count. (‘This is a stupid competition’ etc).
2. Only contributions made before 12 noon on Thursday 15th March count.
3. Your contributions may be as long or as short as you like.
4. You may make as many contributions as you like.
5. In keeping with the title of this blog, whoever ‘ends’ the story – i.e. whoever leaves the last contribution before the 12 noon deadline – will automatically win copies of the books.
So – whoever leaves the last comment will win copies. The other two winners will be drawn at random from all of the other contributors.
Last time, there were a couple of instances of people commenting simultaneously – I suggest that everyone tries to finish their contribution with a complete sentence, and that way there’s more chance of one comment flowing on to the next in a way that makes sense (even if they’ve been written at the same time).
If you’re reading this, I urge you to join in. Even if you’ve already got the books (or just don’t want them) it might be fun. (I hope it’ll be fun).